The Capability, Armament & Technology directorate prepares the programmes of tomorrow by maximising synergies between capabilities, armaments and Research & Technology. The Agency’s main programmes, endorsed by the European Council in December 2013 are under the responsibility of this directorate, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems, Air-to-Air Refuelling, Satelite Communications and Cyber Defence.
Under the lead of Peter Round, the Capability, Armament & Technology Directorate brings together the Agency’s work in the areas of:
- Information Superiority (Communication & Information Systems, Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Space, Cyber Defence);
- Air (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems, Air-to-Air Refuelling, airlift and aerial systems technologies);
- Land (Counter-IED, armoured systems, camp protection and land systems technologies);
- Maritime (Maritime Surveillance, Mine Counter Measures and naval systems technologies);
- Joint domain (mobility, transport, medical and Ammunition).
Particular attention will be given to identifying future critical defence technologies needed to support military capabilities.
Through its integrated approach – by combining capability, armament and research experts – the directorate ensures an holistic approach to each of the above mentioned working areas.