The legislation process concerning the defence exemption is still in progress. The necessary information regarding this exemption will be added into the portal after the act is approved.
The law system which covers the whole REACH process consists of:
- Government Decision No 477/2009 regarding the establishment of the applicable penalties for breaking the Regulation No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council dated 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH);
- Government Decision No 882/2007 regarding the establishment of responsible authorities to put in force the Regulation No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council dated 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH);
- Law No 349/2007 regarding the reorganization of the institutional frame in the field of chemicals management.
The system of Competent Authorities for REACH Regulation in Romania consists of:
- The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MMP) - coordinating authority;
- The National Environment Protection Agency (ANPM) - REACH implementation;
- The National Environmental Guard (GNM) - REACH enforcement.
In order to achieve its goals, GNM cooperates with different national enforcement authorities, as the following:
- State Sanitary Inspection;
- National Labour Inspection;
- National Customs Authority;
- National Authority for Consumer Protection;
- General Police Inspectorate.
GNM is also involved in the European enforcement networks for chemicals (CLEEN) and for environment (IMPEL).
Description of National Procedure
Description of National Safeguard Measures
National Bodies Involved
Where to File an Application
Conditions/Procedures for Acknowledgment/Recognition of Foreign Defence Exemptions
Number of Exemptions Granted
No defence exemption has been granted.
REACH POC in the Romanian MoD: Lt. Col. Horatiu Buzatu, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to national web site(s) (if any)
The Ministry of National Defence website: http://www.mapn.ro
The Ministry of Environment and Forests website: http://www.mmediu.ro
The National Environment Protection Agency website: http://www.anpm.ro
The National Environmental Guard (GNM) website: http://www.gnm.ro
Page Last Updated: 6/21/2011