Pooling & Sharing: New Opportunities
Brussels - 19 November, 2012
During the meeting of the EDA’s steering board on 19 November 2012, defence ministers tasked the European Defence Agency with the assessment of new Pooling & Sharing opportunities in the following areas:
- Pooling & Sharing of Cyber Defence capabilities for Operation/Force Headquarters, joint R&T activities, training and exercises.
- In the field of Route Clearance CIED significant savings and operational benefits are expected through the pooling of capability elements.
- NH90. Several Member States are interested in cooperating in the testing phase or the pooling of spare parts for the NH90.
- EDA will develop the maritime landscaping exercise by pooling for example spare parts, coordinating maintenance and submarine related support activities.
- EDA will establish a European Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Course (EATTC) in the framework of the European Air Transport Fleet programme.
Picture credit: Eurocopter