Military Green 2012 Conference, Exhibition and Demonstration
19 – 20 June 2012, Royal Military Academy at the Brussels, Belgium
Energy and Environment for Sustainable Defence and Crisis Management
Modern defence and crisis management aims at delivering sustainable solutions. Against the background of shrinking availability of resources, Energy and Environmental responsibility is an integral contributor to short and long term sustainability. It helps save lives and increases operational effectiveness. It also reduces through-life costs and overall environmental impact as well as decreases non-European dependencies on resources such as fossil fuels. Beside the hard facts, it can in the long term provide an element of stability in post crisis zones through the transfer of both European knowledge and culture of taking responsibility for Energy and Environment. In doing so it presents opportunities of exporting European technologies to post-crisis zones.
Military Green is the umbrella for EDA's efforts on Energy and Environment in the context of defence and crisis management. Holding a top-ten slot in the Capability Development Plan (CDP) list of priorities, Fuel and Energy is fused together with the environmental dimension into a holistic approach to making a difference. Thus Military Green addresses the whole spectrum and aims at not only exploring technological solutions but also creating incentives to become more responsible as well as supporting the development of sound policies and strategies that will contribute to overall EU goals of 2020 and beyond.
A Unique Event
The Event Military Green 2012 is the first of its kind in that it attempts to bring all stakeholders in order to establish a common understanding of what role the defence and crisis management community can play in contributing to the EU energy and environmental goals. Gathering a good mixture of civilian and military expertise ranging at all decision-making levels the Event will:
- Showcase high level visions on Energy and Environment and on how the defence and crisis management domain can collectively and effectively deliver contributions to the overall EU goals.
- Exhibit and demonstrate the technological solutions of today as well as shed light on the technological opportunities in the long term
- Provide insights into novel business models that incentivise “green” solutions
Get Involved! – The More the Merrier
Whether you have been a dedicated stakeholder for several years or your interest has surfaced more recently, we want you to get involved. Your input can help make a difference and there are several ways in which you can contribute to this Event.
- Audience: Do you want to get up close to high-level decision makers and experts in order to hear their visions on the future and to raise your questions? Are you interested in the latest that energy environmental technology has to offer? Then you must come to the Event. Please register here. To facilitate the registration process, you are advised to read the Registration section in the Practical Information brochure, appended below.
- Speaker: Are you an expert on responsible technologies related to (energy, water, waste, materials and munitions) or a developer of new business models that create incentives to opt for “green” solutions? Then write a paper and submit it for evaluation. Please see the detailed Call-for-Papers for more information.
- Exhibitor/Demonstrator: Do you have a new “green” technology you would like to demonstrate in public? Would you like to promote your organisation’s work on energy and environment face-to-face with a wider audience? Submit a proposal to us with some details on what you want to exhibit or demonstrate. Please see the detailed Call-for-Exhibitors/Demonstrators.
Partner: Are you a European technology leader? Do you provide services that will help increase energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact? Do you want to gain visibility in the heart of Europe in front of high-level decision-makers and experts in technology? Then contact us to explore the possibilities of sponsoring the event – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Know More?
Feel free to contact us on email@example.com for more information on the Event.
Military Green 2012 - Practical Information v2
Military Green 2012 - Call for Papers V2
Military Green 2012 - Event Concept
Military Green 2012 - Template for Papers
Military Green 2012 - Call for Exhibits and Demonstrations V3