EUROPEAN DEFENCE MATTERS is a magazine that matters – and has reach. The official journal of the European Defence Agency, it is circulated to key decision makers across Europe involved in all aspects of defence planning, policy, capability development, research and technology and operations. Advertising in the magazine ensures that appropriate messages reach a professional and discerning audience keen to exploit the synergies and capabilities industry can offer for more cost-effective, more collaborative and more efficient European defence.
The journal supports the Agency’s four main tasks:
- developing defence capabilities;
- promoting defence research and technology (R&T);
- promoting armaments co-operation;
- creating a competitive European defence equipment market and strengthening the European defence, technological and industrial base
As a vehicle for marketing communications to the European defence community, EUROPEAN DEFENCE MATTERS has unrivalled reach. The professional readership is in excess of 10,000 and the demographics of the audience ensure that the message arrives directly on the desk of the people who most matter – whether military officers, politicians or professional managers in governmental institutions and industry.
Advertising support from organisations wishing to take advantage of this platform is an important component of the magazine’s continuing success. The publishers offer cost-effective rates, including discounted rates for small and medium sized enterprises and first time advertisers.
For further information, please contact Cyril MIKAÏLOFF (Tel: +336 21 71 11 18).
Our typical readership, featuring appropriate individuals in every nation of the EU, breaks down into the following categories:
Senior political readers (9%): prime ministers, ministers, deputy ministers, state secretaries, chefs de cabinet, senior advisors - defence departments, foreign affairs, economic development and EU affairs
Other political readers (11%): national parliamentarians, departmental managers, analysts, institutional officials
Senior military readers (13%): Chiefs of defence, chiefs of staff, service chiefs, intelligence, budget, capability, research and technology
Middle ranking military readers (18%): Capability managers, requirements, planning, procurement, operations and intelligence officers
Institutional readers (18%): EU, EC, European parliament, EUMS, EEAS, ESA, EUMC, Eurocontrol, NATO, NATO ACT, NSPA, NC3A, OCCAR, Permanent representatives, defence attachés
Industrial readers (15%): CEO/President, senior sales and marketing, business development, government affairs and communications
Academic readers (2%): think tanks, universities, R&T organisations
75% of the total circulation is delivered to specifically addressed individuals or direct to EU Member States defence and security institutions.
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 10
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 9
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 8
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 7
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 6
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 5
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 4
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 3
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 2
- Magazine European Defence Matters, Issue 1