Each Project Candidate shall be officially established as an EDA Ad Hoc Project. This establishment takes the form of a generic decision by the EDA Steering Board, to which is annexed an Outline Description describing the Project.
The Outline Description publicises the Project to all EDA participating Member States, who may have the opportunity to join. The Outline Description is informative, and does not legally commit contributing Members to the Project.
The Outline Description (see Templates) specifically sets out:
- a short technical description of the Project Candidate
- an approximate value
- a Lead nation
- a list of contributing Members
- a choice of legal instrument
- a choice of contracting body.
The process for the establishment of an EDA Ad Hoc Project follows these steps:
- completion of the Outline Description by the Ad Hoc Working Group
- review by the CapTech National Coordinators (optional step)
- review by the R&T Project Trackers of contributing Members
- approval by the EDA Steering Board by a one-month silence procedure.